CC-27 DOLL COMPETITION
Here is your opportunity to make that dream costume without needing the rest of your life to finish it!
Enter the Doll Competition!
Doll Competition is open to every attending member of CC27.
Whatever people want to create is great, and we enthusiastically anticipate the arrival of your creations!
There are no fixed special categories other than the "Chairman's Choice for Best Theme Related Doll" Much like the Masquerade, the Awards will be given by the Doll Competition Judges in the spirit of "Excellence Deserves Recognition".
Examples of the types of categories which may be considered are, (but not limited to): Original doll, Re-dressed doll, Altered doll, Miniature, Diorama, Historical, Horror, Fantasy, Humor, Re-creation, Anime, Vampire, Villain, Vixen dolls, and so on.
Entrants are encouraged to print out some background information on their piece and to include documentation if called for (historical & re-creations especially.)
Examples of things you may want to include are: What do you want the judges to know about your doll? What was the inspiration? What is the back story? How did you do it? Perhaps you would like to point out any specific materials or techniques you feature, for example, Beading, smocking, painting, embroidery, sculpting, etc.
1. You may use either purchased or self-made
figures to dress. They may be human, humanoid, animal or alien; they
may be any reasonable doll size or miniatures.
5. Please indicate if the entrant is an Adult, or Young Fan (15 years of age or younger)
6. You must be an attending member of CC27 to enter.
7. You may enter more than once, but please check on space availability if you have several dolls, larger dolls, or a diorama.
8. Drop off dolls in the Doll/Exhibit room on Friday between 10am - 4pm. Or Saturday no later than 12 noon by arrangement. Contact us before the convention for Saturday drop off.
9. If you need to make arrangements to mail your doll ahead, please contact Lisa Ashton.
Download the Doll Contest Entry Form: Doll Contest Entry Form
can also ask questions and let us know if you have any special display
needs by CONTACTING
Thank you! Your Doll Contest Coordinator ~ Caitlin Dick